Thursday, December 15, 2016

Glasses. We all wear them.

Yeah, I know. I sound crazy when I say we all wear glasses. But we do. These are the glasses we put on based on the experiences we've gone through in our lives.
Like when a bunch of women sit around, and we all start talking about childbirth.  Those who have had children can relate, even if our experiences were different.  Everyone "sees" the same thing, in essence.  But the one woman sitting in the group who never had a child, she is "blind", or wearing really dark black sunglasses. She can't see what the rest are saying, because she's never had the experience.

Sometimes, we put these glasses on ourselves, like the black glasses that don't allow any light through.  We want to bury our head, and pretend everything is all right and it isn't happening.  Or they are the dark sinister glasses that some people wear that make them see everything in a negative light.  They see everything as the-world-is-out-to-get-me type view.  Sadly, these dark glasses hide the truly wonderful things in their lives, and they don't notice what they are missing.

And on the opposite side, there are the people who wear those awesome bright glasses that makes them see everything in a positive light.  They are shiny happy people whose glasses give off big reflections.  Their glasses I believe gives them a lot of clarity, which is why they are almost able to "see through walls".  We can also put on the rose colored ones.  We wear these when we look back at certain events in our life, and we remember them differently than they actually happened. <LOL>


(I'm not saying that I'm this way; I just think it's cool that I caught a picture of myself in my glasses!  Great way to illustrate my point, no?)  There are the mirrored glasses which reflect back.  The person wearing these can only see themselves, and they lose sight of the bigger picture.  I wouldn't exactly say they are selfish.  It's more like they missing out on some great moments by focusing inwardly rather than outwardly.

Me.  I love my sunglasses.  Really. I do. I love wearing them.  I think I look cool, and I think I look glamorous.  But I also don't want people to see my eyes.  Why you wanna know? Because eyes are the windows to a person's soul.  I love looking put together, sharp, when I go out.  I think a smile enhances anything you are wearing.  So I do try to wear a smile all the time, even when I am not smiling on the inside.  But my eyes ... they tell a different story.  I feel that there is a sadness in them that sometimes slips out.  Not all the time.  I don't know. I am just musing here.  I wish I could wear those rose colored glasses that give people the benefit of the doubt.  I have such an active imagination, and it's sooo freakishly easy for me to come up with a whole crazy story why they are doing this or that.  I should instead focus on dan l'chaf zchus, giving them the benefit.  How many times have I messed things up because I left these glasses in the case, instead of putting them on.

I leave this post on a happy note. I like this picture of me with my clear glasses on.  Blowing you kisses and wishing you all to only see sunshine and happiness with bright clear glasses on.

No comments: