Sunday, December 6, 2020

Friday Feb 28 ~ Visiting a Friend

 OK, it's 2020, the year from hell that is literally ten thousand days long in each 24 hour period. So it's very fitting that it took me months and months and months to write more of my trip.  <Shout out to Colleen for pushing me to write.>

So I have a friend who I've known for a long, long time. Laughingly, I met her on Facebook playing Farmville.  (Remember that game? When we needed to add friends to get points or something?) Chani and I became IRL friends. Although she lives in the US, the last time I saw her in person was at Shauly and Zahava's wedding in Aug 2013. I was thrilled when Chani told me she was going to be in Israel for 4 short days, but at the same exact time I was. I laughed when I told her, we live a few states apart but have to travel half way around the world to see each other in person. But that's what we did. We met in person for a nice relaxing breakfast, then we went to the Kotel to say Hello to our Father In Heaven. After that, we had to visit the US Embassy in Jerusalem, which our fantastic President (#ilovemypresident !!) Trump moved. 

Breakfast in Mamilla Mall

Israeli's sure do know how to do food!

Just outside the Jaffa gate, great views and great fun!

I am so thankful Chani shlepped me to the Embassy! 

The rest of the day was just spent getting ready for Shabbos. It was a nice quiet family shabbos, enjoying my little grand girls and basically loving being in Israel.

No comments: