Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sad, sad state we are in

I got my new issue of the N'shei Chabad Newsletter.  There is a section there called "Open House" where you write about anything you want.  So some guy writes in about how he was a concerned parent when he dropped his kid off at camp.  Some other guy who was leaving the shul patted some little kid on the head.  The guy complained to the director that no one should be walking through the camp.  (He's right about that.)  On his way out, he passed the guy who patted the kid on the head.  He said to this guy, I know you meant well, but never touch a kid who isn't yours.

THIS IS A PROBLEM!  How sad!  When I first started teaching back in the 80s, there was no problem with touch a kid.  I vividly remember hugging kids who struggled and then got it right.  I patted kids on the head for reading nicely.  Hey, I'm a touchy-feely kind of gal, so it was just part of who I am.  Over the years, that slowly stopped.  I took a hiatus for a few years.  When I went back, the rules had changed.  No, you can't touch a kid.  At all. Imagine now how helpless, useless, and totally stupid I felt when one of my kids, a third grader I think, got a nose bleed. All I could do was hand him a tissue and say, pinch your nose real hard.  Yeah, it was doozer.  I'd been through them with Yossi (a'h), and I knew exactly what to do, how hard to pinch, how to tilt his head, but all I could do was tell him what to do and get the principal in to call his mom.  WHAT A STUPID WASTE!  The kid was probably scared, but I didn't want to take a chance.

Same reason why my father in law wouldn't give my kids baths.  What kind of world have we created?  A world where people can hold a gay parade and run around naked, but a woman breast feeding her baby is disgusting.  A woman who won't issue gay marriage certificates is thrown in jail, and yet I have not heard a single word from anyone here (besides conservatives) about gays being thrown off buildings.  Women here are up in arms because some of us find it disgusting to kill babies and sell their body parts, but have nothing to say about the rape of women and young girls, nor about the genital mutation that goes on as well.  Not one peep. Complete crickets.  WestBoro Baptist Church wants to picket the funerals of military men who lost their lives serving our country screaming G-d hates Fags, and that is OK.  But G-d forbid a person should refer to Bruce Jenner as a man.  The saddest part?  These so called progressives so no hypocrisy here.  Nope.  Not one bit.

Ker a velt.  We need to try and turn the world right-side up, because right now it is so upside down.  I really gotta stop listening to the news, because it is just so crazy.  My head feels like exploding so many times from the sheer lunacy that is considered completely normal.  Anyway.  That's it. Rant over for this second.

No comments: