Sunday, May 6, 2018

Bike Race Woes

Friday May 4 / 19 Iyar
Today marks the yartzeit of my dear friend Zeldy a'h, as well as Rabbi Menachem Mendel of Rimanov.
The day started off lazy once again, with me attempting to get Sheindy out the door. I finally convinced her to go to the shuk. I tried to get a cab, but the main streets were closed off for the bike race. I had heard they were letting people cross on foot, so we tried walking. We had Rikki with us in the stroller. I pushed that thing up a huge hill to find out we missed the small window for crossing by five minutes. Shauly thought I could cross by King George, so we tried to make our way over there. We found out that if we waited an hour, we could cross, but they would only allow it for a short while and then it would be closed until five. ABORT MISSION!!
We headed back to Shauly and Zahava's apartment. I spent a lazy day playing on my phone. I could do get used to not having to make shabbos and have someone do it for me. I even asked Shauly if I can move in with him. 😂

No comments: