Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Staying in the Moment


Where your thoughts are,

there you are,
all of you.


One of my favorite all times quotes. Years ago I discovered it on one of my favorite sites, chabad.org.  It's a problem I've been plagued with for years and years. After I read it, I got to thinking. How many times did I pick the kids up from school, say HELLO! and then not listen to anything they said, cuz I was thinking of all the million and one things that I had to do, grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning, etc. My body was in the car, but my brain was elsewhere.  I really am trying harder to "get in the moment". My kids know that if I am on the lap top, or reading, they have to have eye contact with me to know that I am truly listening and hearing them. It's sorta sad, but it's the truth. My mind wanders so quickly.

Well, for the last few weeks, I've been checked out again.  So much so that not once, but twice I drove right by the street I was supposed to turn on to pick up for carpool. Ooops! 
Where is my mind? For weeks now, I've been living and breathing ... Israel! Yup! Guess who is headed back? Me! And Sheindy! Special mother daughter journey in honor of her becoming bas mitzvah this past February. 

Stay tuned for more updates  I won't wait 4 months to write again. 


No comments: