Saturday, January 30, 2016

Shabbos in Yerushalayim & Pictures!

Shauly and I had grandiose plans of walking around after the evening seuda.  However, Shauly wasn't feeling well, so he went to sleep early.  Instead, Zahava and I stayed up talking for hours.  Shabbos morning I got to sleep late, and then all afternoon, we just played games.  Much to my embarrassment , I can't tell you what Shabbos in Yerushalayim is like, because I haven't set foot out the door since I came back Friday afternoon.

And now for some pictures ...

This first one is my picture I took of the Kotel .  Just remember that it was sleeting, and we were unable to take better pictures.


Next, I have some from Ein Gedi.  These first two were right when we got off the tour bus.  You can see Masada in the background.



Ein Gedi has some lovely waterfalls.



and some breathtaking views -- 



Onward and upward to Masada --
Everything below the black line is the original structure.  Above the black line is a recreation.  These black lines are seen throughout the whole place.


A two thousand year old mikvah?


One of the spectacular views I got to see


And then off to the Dead Sea, which is so full of salt that no fish or plant life live there.


The beach is a separate beach.  Zahara and I are standing next to the dividing wall.  We didn't take our coats off the whole times.  A bunch of women and girls did go into the water.


The white stuff alone the shore is salt...


Tomorrow is a lazy day, hopefully a shopping day.  We are planning to go to Geula, which is a shopping area.   I would love to pop back into the Kotel to daven there again, but we'll see what happens when I wake up.

Good Night from the Holy Land, where every breath I take has holy air in it!

No comments: