Sunday, April 12, 2015

S'long Pesach!

It's crazy. I literally spend at least a month preparing for pesach. This year, I started cleaning a week before Purim, which means I spent 5 weeks this year. Granted, not every day was spent cleaning or preparing. But it still means it was on my mind.
Pesach ended tonight. By 1am, all of pesach was erased from my kitchen. The dining room still had the last bit of stuff, and by tomorrow night dinner, I'm hoping it will be totally done.
There has to be some lesson here. I'm not sure what it is.
We literally wage total and compete war against chometz, enjoy the spoils for a week, and within 24 hours, we are totally back immersed in it.
I don't know. I just find life so funny.
Last year it took me two or three weeks to completely pack away all the pesach stuff. I dumped it in an empty room, and took my time, trying to organize it all. Didn't matter. Still couldn't find anything this year. So tonight we just shoved it all in the boxes.
Wish me good luck next year making heads or tails out of the mess I made!

No comments: