Thursday, May 3, 2018

The Day That Wasn't

Thursday May 3 / Lag B'omer 🎯
The day started off nice enough, with Rikki and Huvi climbing into my bed (at 8am!). Since it was Lag B'omer, we were able to watch some music videos. Huvi really loves music. I had planned to go to some museums today, since a lot of them were free. Sheindy wasn't too excited about that idea. We got a late start, heading off to Greens so I could FINALLY have my iced coffee.
They have a ton of sugar and cream, so I wanted to make sure that I would totally enjoy it. Man plans and G-d laughs  ... I figured we both didn't eat breakfast, we should get some real food. I had a big bowl of vegetable soup and Sheindy had a bagel with tons of cream cheese. When we were done, we picked up our iced coffee and chocolate blend. And finally, we were off. We both sorta looked at our drinks and were like, uh, I'm so full!
At the Israel Museum, we walked around for about 10 seconds when Sheindy tells me her stomach hurts. ARGH! I ordered a cab for her and sent her back to Shauly's apartment (with our drinks to our in the freezer).
I wandered around for a little while, but it was boring by myself. I found the section I had wanted to see last time, the Jewish artifacts. Then I remembered that I hate this stuff! It drives me insane that these stunning religious items are trapped behind glass. Especially the items that were rescued from the Holocaust. The best revenge is to actually use them. Moshe Yess's song was stuck in my head. I did find the old jewelry interesting, since I've had some similar pieces.

Then I found myself in the art section. The pictures were pretty until I realized they had nothing to do with Jews or Israel. So I just kept walking around. I found some "great" modern art. Ladies, looks like we all have some "art" in our possession. 

Honestly, who ever paid for this is our of their mind. There was also a huge picture made out of bottle caps that wasn't even worth my time to take a picture of it. And the "sculpture" of a bed with a person sleeping in it. I see artwork like that every single day when I wake my kids up!!!! 
I was totally bored and annoyed at that point, so I left and went across the street to the Bible Lands Museum. I'm not really into this historical artifacts, so that was a fast, fly through the museum, type visit. I was extremely thankful that the museum was free.
Back at the apartment, I tried to convince Sheindy that we should go to the Jewish Music Museum, but there was no way she wanted to go. The Bloomfield Science Museum was free, but she also refused to go there. Finally at 5pm we took the girls to Ben Yehuda for pizza.


Wow! Heart be still, so much excitement, not. OK, So we ended up with a relaxing day. I got some laundry done, and Shauly and Zahava were able to get some grocery shopping done once we got the girls into bed. No huge plans for tomorrow either.

No comments: