Sunday, May 13, 2018

Trip in Review

I sit here today on Yom Yerushalayim, and the eve of the Unite States of America moving it's embassy to Jerusalem, and I am so sad. With all my heart and soul I wish I was there.  All I can do now is look back at my glorious trip and sigh.  אִם-אֶשְׁכָּחֵךְ יְרוּשָׁלִָם-- תִּשְׁכַּח יְמִינִי.

And now for a recap ... things we loved and things we didn't love as much.  I asked Sheindy for her opinions, what were her favorite things to do. 

I will start with mine. I am beyond thrilled that I found Tami from Nof Tours. I know I took a huge chance by booking 5 tours with a complete stranger. But right away, I felt at ease with her.  We connected instantly, and the amount of time and effort she put into my trip is beyond amazing.  She never got tired (or at least, didn't let me know) of my million and one questions and changes. On the trips, she was so flexible, working with us, instead of just plugging along with the agreed plan.  I am forever grateful for how wonderful she made our trip!

Sheindy's number one, most favorite activity was ... drum roll please .... Aqua Kef !!!
This was an activity she asked several times if we could repeat. Unfortunately, that was not possible. However, it does give her something to look forward to the next time we go!

#2 activity: Snorkeling with the Dolphins. Once she got the hang of how to snorkel, she loved it! This was another activity she did ask to repeat.

Now the rest of these are not in any particular order:

Jeeping in Midbar Yehuda

Horseback riding in Netanya

tornado boating near Rosh Hanikra with Trek Yam Achziv

samples of & makaing chocolate at De Karina Chocolate Factory

bunkers are Mt. Bental in the Golan Heights

Works of art at the Safed Candle Factory in Tzafas

shopping in the Old City of Tzafas

water hike 

carousela boating on the Kinneret

shopping a the shuk

cholov Yisroel ice cream at every gas station!

as well as bagels & cream cheese bagels & chocolate muffins from Green Good Food; Burgers Bar, the "spooky tunnels" at Ir Dovid (Hezkiyahu tunnels).  Sheindy didn't enjoy the historical stuff, like the walking tours and holy graves. I think that is partially because she is too young to appreciate what the kavarim mean, and how holy they are to pray at.

I really enjoyed the kavarim, and tried to keep it to a minimum for her. I loved shopping in the Old City of Tzafas, and wandering around in the Old City in Yerushalayim.  I enjoyed horseback riding a lot, but was so sore for two days after! One of the most special parts of the trip was the time spent with my grand daughters!
I loved how much the Israeli's love Trump! I never did find a Trump item for my husband in Hebrew, but I also didn't look too hard.
One thing that made me very sad was seeing the chayalim everywhere. They are so young, and it breaks my heart that they have to serve in the IDF instead of being carefree. I wish Moshiach would be here already so these young men & women didn't need to serve; their guns could be broken!  I did bless many of them to stay safe, and let them know they are constantly in my prayers. I pray Hashem will watch over them and keep them safe until they return to their homes.
I loved walking in Eretz Yisroel, and breathing in the holy (if not at times smokey) air. I loved just looking out of the window of Shauly's apartment and seeing the hills and houses. 

“I believe with complete faith in the coming of the Messiah, and even though he may delay, nevertheless I anticipate every day that he will come.”


No comments: