Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Listening to the Whispers

Well now.  I am in a totally different frame than I was in the previous post.  Shortly after I wrote it, I got a phone call from the principal of my daughter's school.  Any parent knows, that is not good!  Well, my daughter Sheindy had hurt herself, and someone needed to pick her up.  My husband brought her home.  She was crying and crying.  Too much.  I thought it was a really bad sprain or a hairline fracture.  Off to Ortho On Call.  (I end up giving them business every year it seems.)  End of the story is, it is a very bad sprain.  She got her foot wrapped and crutches, and we come home.  And then it hits me. Every drop of grief was literally wiped out of me.  All I could feel was relief that it wasn't broken.  You know I think into things.  Why? Why did she hurt herself right then?  To me, it seems clear ... Hashem is whispering to me, "Don't complain".  Just wanted to update that I am feeling better.

No comments: