Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Home is Where Your Heart Is

Remember the song, I Left My Heart In San Francisco? My heart shall forever be with Yerushalayim. I am back in the U.S. with my family in my house, but my home is in Israel. I know I will be back, hopefully sooner than later.
The plane ride was long and tiring. Yesterday, I took a taxi to the Kosel for my final time this visit. I started crying even I was talking to the driver. I told him over and over how lucky he is to live in the Holy City. I cried at the wall and begged Hashem to rebuild His home. If I'm am crying this much over leaving, how much more so is Hashem's pain? I'll probably never look at the fast days in the same way.
I went to various places in the Old City, and walked back to Shauly's apartment all on my own. I had finally figured out my way around, and now I'm thousands of miles away.
My mom went with me to the airport. When you arrive at the airport, there is a check point. They do racial profiling, which is fine with me. There are several other security check points at various stops in the airport. Btw, you don't have to the off your shoes! I did find a huge Michal Negrin store, which was awesome. I wish I had gone there only. Their selection is large, and their prices are cheaper. All in American dollars and no tax.
The ride was long, two hours longer than going. I sat next to a midwife, so that was interesting. I slept off and on.
JFK was a nightmare. I had plenty of time between flights. Seriously, these are glorified McDonald's workers with more power. They love to toss that around as well. I didn't want to go through the body scanner, but long story short, even though they offer you a choice, they don't really. No one came over to pat made down, so I gave up waiting.
My gate was the last one on the B concourse. There is a shuttle, but I walked it. It was over a mile long, and I was dragging a heavy "carry on". Embarrassed to admit, it took 45 mins cuz I kept having to stop. I had the rolly suitcase, my weekender, a tote bag, pocketbook, and Michal Negrin shopping bag. Why can't I ever travel light????
When I got into the house, I unpacked the presents. I decided to take a short nap. No one woke me when they got here, so I slept for 6 hours in a deep sleep. I woke up for dinner, and now I'm heading back to dream land....

No comments: